I just finished reading the book “12 Rules for life”. So here are those rules.
- Stand up straight with your shoulder back
- Treat yourself like someone you are responsible for helping
- Make friends with people who want the best for you
- Compare yourself to who you were yesterday, not to who someone else is today
- Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them
- Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world
- Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)
- Tell the truth – or at least, don’t lie
- Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t
- Be precise in your speech
- Do not bother children when they are skateboarding
- Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street
Some of them are straight forward to understand. I will elaborate some of them in future posts.
It is big book, but I think it was worth for me to read. I slept a lot while reading 🙂